Non Resident Indian (NRI) as per FEMA 1999 is an Indian citizen or Foreign National of Indian Origin resident outside India for purposes of employment, carrying on business or vocation in circumstances as would indicate an intention to stay outside India for an indefinite period. An individual will also be considered NRI if his stay in India is less than 182 days during the preceding financial year.
- For NRI / PIO / OCI: All plans allowed except Safal Jeevan Plans
- Unit linked life insurance plan are not allowed for US national / residents.
- In riders, only Term rider is allowed.
At Exide Life Insurance, we shall issue an insurance policy subject to the following:
- Policies can be issued only to NRIs / residing in select countries (Not allowed for residents in Cuba, Cyprus, Iran, Myanmar, North Korea, Pakistan, Sao Tome Principe, Sudan, Syria, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan). This list may be updated form time to time.
- The address proof has to be given for the address in India.
- The minimum entry age for NRI, Person of Indian Origin (PIO) or Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) is 0 years. Maximum entry age allowed is 60 years across products subject to product specifications.
- Mandatory documents required are:
- copy of passport with all stamped visa pages;
- Exide Life questionnaire for NRI/ PIO / OCI;
- Standard income documents.
- The policies shall be underwritten and issued in India.
- The policies shall be denominated in Indian Rupees.
- In addition to the proposal form, Exide Life Insurance reserves the right to ask for further information and documents as may be required as per the prevailing internal rules and norms.
- Requirement of medical examinations needs to be completed through Exide Life authorized medical centers available in India only
- The acceptance of risk will be subject to our underwriting decision. Under exceptional cases and based on underwriting requirements, we may make some alterations in the amount communicated to you.
- The premium payment should be received in India and shall be remitted through authorized banking channels.
- The tax provisions mentioned here are based on a broad understanding of the prevailing Indian tax laws and are subject to change from time to time. Please refer to your tax consultant with respect to the above tax benefits applicable to you and we, at Exide Life Insurance, do not take any responsibility in this regard.